Duck n Cover Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brass Tax about booking duties.

+4
Rex Dusk
semideias
Phsycosis
The Admin Duck
8 posters

Go down

Brass Tax about booking duties. Empty Brass Tax about booking duties.

Post  The Admin Duck Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:23 am

I want to preface all of this by saying I'm not complaining, or at least don't intend to be complaining.

I've been doing a lot of the heavy lifting around here for two seasons now. I'm happy to do it, really, but it would be nice if we could get a group of people together. A committee, as it were, to focus solely on booking duties, as this is the crux of the weak spots for this fed.

Any people who would be interested in assisting me and a couple of vice GM's with booking, please use this thread to show your interest.

I want to lay a few rules out up front.

1) nothing, and I mean nothing, gets confirmed without my say. This is because I want final say as GM, nothing more. It's my product, it carries my name, and I want to make sure it's a good product.

2) no draws.

3) absolutely no editing of matches, except for the case of a draw. I have a personal rule set up for this, and I will go into this with interested parties later.

4) we absolutely need to balance two very divergent interests. on one hand, we need to make sure all contractually obliged challenges get met to the best of our abilities. On the other hand, we need to make sure to book wrestlers with high fan counts to boost the gates and generate more money for all active wrestlers on the card. Balancing these two is essential to solid, consistent, and fair booking.

5) this is the last one I swear. I do carry veto power, but I promise to exercise it as minimally as possible.

All I'm asking for is some reliable help in this dept. I'll take care of the contracts, recruitment, etc. All I ask is that I get some help with booking. Vice GM may be available in the deal, but only to those I feel I can trust to follow my guidelines. Some non-vice GM's will be eligible to help with booking as well.

In the next couple of days, depending on response to this thread, I will make a booking sub-forum for those who show interest in it.

TCD

P.S. thanks in advance.
The Admin Duck
The Admin Duck
Admin

https://dncwrestling.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Brass Tax about booking duties. Empty Re: Brass Tax about booking duties.

Post  Phsycosis Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:13 am

I would mate, but firstly I am very busy, and secondly I would be terrible Very Happy thought id let you know that i couldnt do it. Sad
Phsycosis
Phsycosis

Back to top Go down

Post  The Admin Duck Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:52 pm

What is there to be terrible about? I'm not talking about forcing you to book whole shows against your will. I'm more talking about getting a group of people together who'd be willing to give input on where the show should be going, good gimmicks and bad gimmicks, people to help me clean up typo's in RP, keeping the titles situation consistent, things like that. If there are people who'd be willing to do the actual booking and formatting for an actual show, that'd be great, but there are levels of participation that I'd welcome. Even a person or two to go through available challenges and set up a general frame work for booking for a season would be cool. See The Judge's work for the first season. Made my life a lot easier to have someone else take a bit of the pressure off my shoulders. He's really busy these days, but I'm assuming that there is someone, somewhere who has a little bit of free time to lend me a hand.

I am just trying to get a helping hand in this respect, and maybe, if people are willing, schedule certain people to do booking for certain shows through a season. Get some sense of consistency and get a bit of the workload off my shoulders. People seem to want a sense of continuance in the federation, and, honestly, I'm forgetful and I tend to focus too much on getting challenges done over keeping an over-arching story line from show to show. Personally, I would love it if I didn't have to mess with it and could just book based on who needs challenges. But, this is as much all of your own fed as it is my fed, and a good deal of you want RP and the like. That is fine. I would just hope that that wanting is matched on some fronts with effort.

Even a couple of people who are willing to kick in and help on a regular and consistent basis would be a huge load off my shoulders.

Again, any interested parties, feel free to speak up.
The Admin Duck
The Admin Duck
Admin

https://dncwrestling.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  semideias Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:11 am

well, one thing i think i should be good at is being Forum Mod.. I think i could make this forum more organized so all wrestlers could see their feuds/current champions..

semideias

Back to top Go down

Post  Rex Dusk Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:16 am

You know I'm down.

Rex Dusk

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Williams Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:25 am

I can help a little, not on the realm of Vice GM (still don't have that much time back yet).

First thing is does anyone care about whether your contract details are publicly listed on the board? It would make it easier for those who chose to help with bookings and feuds and things.

Also, I think we need clearly defined rules as to who can challenge for a title when and where - maybe split the roster (30,00 wrestler score and above = Heavyweight, 25000-30000 = Asphalt, under 25000 = Intercontinental) so everyone knows where they stand.
Dan Williams
Dan Williams

Back to top Go down

Post  Icey11 Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:25 am

I offered 2 seasons ago to help. lol Let me know what I can do.

Icey11

Back to top Go down

Post  Asmo Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:00 pm

i can help to booking and with graphic stuff Razz i like to receive orders and putting thing in order i think that my english is good but not too perfect for dialogues and that thing hehe
Asmo
Asmo

Back to top Go down

Brass Tax about booking duties. Empty I Don't Mind.

Post  bclothier Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:14 pm

I can contribute as much as possible. Let me know where you need me. I could probably take the RPs and make sure they are all spell checked and formatted. Maybe compile them into a Word document and send them along so you can just copy/paste.

bclothier

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down