Duck n Cover Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To RP or Not To RP

5 posters

Go down

To RP or Not To RP Empty To RP or Not To RP

Post  The Admin Duck Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:23 pm

This is more a question for you personally than an in character question.

What is your personal preference on the Role Playing issue? Do you think it's something that should be done very extensively? Do you think it's something that should be done moderately? Lightly? Barely? Would you rather not do it at all?

I want to get a feel for what you guys are looking for in this and from me. Since we are still building the roster, I'm thinking that going too deep into the RP element will make it hard to work newer wrestlers in, though by no means impossible.

Where this roster and fed goes is entirely up to what you want from it. This is your roster, I merely try and get as many of you together as possible and book fairly and evenly. I want you all to feel that this is a community project, and that you are just as much a GM of this roster as me. Though I'm still GM, so don't get any funny ideas. Laughing

Seriously, what kind of federation do you want? Realistically, we can do role playing for those who want it and ignore RP for those who don't want it. But if there is a general take on where things should go, we can all go in that direction.
The Admin Duck
The Admin Duck
Admin

https://dncwrestling.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

To RP or Not To RP Empty Re: To RP or Not To RP

Post  Dan Williams Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:32 pm

I would prefer a little roleplay even if it's just tied to the belts. I understand that some people join feds just for the $$$$$ and don't really care about RP 1 way or the other, but I find that the more interesting shows to watch and read have some little teasers and thoughts in the card from the players.

I came over here from EWS where the only RP requirement was that each person on the card for each show was requested to make one scene that could possibly be shown before their match. They didn't have to be a certain length, or any specific format - some were interviews, some were people just trashtalking their opponents, and some were indepth pieces trying to set up long term feuds for belts and things.

I don't think that it's too much to ask, assuming our illustrious GM gets the card out early enough, (seriously that was a major problem with my last fed - we sometimes didn't find out our matches until the day before he submitted the card) to ask those people who want to do the RP thing to submit one piece for each show they are going to be on.

But that's just my 2c and I will go along with whatever the majority of the talent here decides.

TCD : Fair enough, I've been doing the late post thing, but that's more because of the dynamic nature of the roster and not wanting to box out new signees. If there is a desire for shows to be done well in advance, that is not an issue, provided there's actually a benefit to doing it, because newbies will get jobbed over in that kind of arrangement. I set my shows up to happen at the end of the week so that the week itself could be used for preparation for the show, rather than having 3 days before show x and 4 days before show y. My way, we can focus on both shows at once and get a sense of consistency in the booking process.

Thanks for the reply, the thought does count.
Dan Williams
Dan Williams

Back to top Go down

Post  Asmo Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:31 pm

I think the same a little roleplay, or depends on the Wrestlers. I think that we need a place here in the forum, for RP
Asmo
Asmo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Williams Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:19 pm

Admin wrote:TCD : Fair enough, I've been doing the late post thing, but that's more because of the dynamic nature of the roster and not wanting to box out new signees. If there is a desire for shows to be done well in advance, that is not an issue, provided there's actually a benefit to doing it, because newbies will get jobbed over in that kind of arrangement. I set my shows up to happen at the end of the week so that the week itself could be used for preparation for the show, rather than having 3 days before show x and 4 days before show y. My way, we can focus on both shows at once and get a sense of consistency in the booking process.

Thanks for the reply, the thought does count.

And thanks for the feedback. Obviously you've been here longer than me (duhhhhh) and if that's working for your roster that's great. It's all about what makes the most people happy, you'll find the minority will normally adapt to the majority decision after all.

I suppose that still working on completing your roster does leave you in a slightly different position, but just to clarify - I'm all for you submitting the card at the last possible minute, that way it gives you a chance to:

1) - Include any new wrestlers who sign on at the last minute
2) - Assemble (and edit if necessary) any RP for the show. Giving the wrestlers the maximum amount of time to get it in.

All I would request is that 3 or 4 days before you submit the card, tell the EXISTING talent what match/es they'll have coming up so they can submit a RP if desired. If the match subsequently gets pulled to accomodate a newcomer then the match can always get pushed back to the next show and the RP scene saved until then.
Dan Williams
Dan Williams

Back to top Go down

Post  The Xagent Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:22 pm

So far, everything you guys have said is fine with me. I have no problem submitting some stuff for my own particular character as long as I know what the matches are in the upcoming card(s).
The Xagent
The Xagent

Back to top Go down

To RP or Not To RP Empty On Role Playing

Post  Hammer Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:08 pm

You don't sign wrestler who don't role play to contracts of 2-6 level. So When is igned my contract i knew I had a job to do and thatw as to write role plays of afetr match wins or attacks backstage or anything else that is required.

I have even come up with a Judge and Jack hammer Bar brawl over a funny Pool game and making my character mad for refusing a drink. I just have no diea when my matches are or who i am facing so it make sit hard to write a good role play I did write a debut interview for Jake hammer to sue on Sunday if it sucks saturday I can spend somee time revising it. I like the When the Gm or VGm or your rival ask for a role play you give him it within 6 hours. Becuase if we ever want to see Interconitental or national level we need good solid role play and storylines.
Hammer
Hammer

http://www.myspace.com/seeker0know1edge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum